Tuesday 3 December 2013

Christmas Scrapping with Large Photos

A very Happy December and Season's Greetings to you!
It's Lisa-Jane with you today!

I absolutely love this time of year!  I can't wait to start scrapbooking my memories of this Christmas, especially because so much happens that it is easy to forget all the little details.  This is what happened with these photos.  They were taken last year when the children went to visit Warwick Castle with Daddy and Grandma.  While I was scrapping these, I had a real "pang" because I couldn't share the day with them, yet I couldn't remember why I couldn't be there.  Eventually I worked out that I was at a crafting retreat which felt like it was more than just a year ago and I realised that it was so important to get things recorded while they are fresh in your mind.  


I am using Crate Paper's Bundled Up collection for this year's Christmas memory keeping (I'll share more about that with you next week!) and I wanted a double page right near the start of my album to symbolise what Christmas is all about for me .... My two children!


I was recently inspired by this Pin and remembered that I had these two large pictures,  featuring my daughter in one and my son in the other alongside a jolly Santa. I thought the photos would be ideal for a striking entry early in my Christmas journal.


With larger pictures, especially ones so busy and orangey as these are, they needed a calm background with very little reds and pinks so I used a sheet of Noel 12 x 12 Paper from the Bundled Up Collection. The polka dot woodgrain was perfect for my base and I mounted the photos and the Christmas Trees paper onto cream puff bazill cardstock.  Then I brought out the pinks and reds in the embellishment clusters.


 The Season's Greetings label, the tree, ticket and pink snowflake in the picture above are all from the Bundled Up Ephemera pack, as are the tickets and the aqua snowflake in the photo below.  Little packs of co ordinating embellishments make it very easy to build up little groupings for interest and added spots of colour.


With large photographs, you can really let your photo do the talking by keeping the rest of the layout quite minimal, which of course makes for a pretty quick page too - all important at this crazy busy time of year!
Let the photos take centre stage!!

Have you started any festive craft projects yet?  Link up in the comments or tell us about it - we'd love to come and take a look.

Bye for now
Lisa-Jane
xx

Lisa-Jane is Mum to two small children and adores December and all things Christmas .... she blogs regularly at "Inside My Head"

3 comments :

Lou said...

oh wow, those big photos are a brilliant reminder of Christmas! super pages.

The right now pages are fab...i've done a few over the years!

Frances said...

I really like the idea of letting the large photo do the "talking". I have a photo of my two 20 something sons with Santa and I wasn't there and don't know the story of that day. I just put it away but now with your LO idea you have given me a reason to scrap it. Thank you.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the big photo.....and I so agree about how quickly we forget details.