Wednesday 6 March 2013

Echo Park SCOOT!!

Hi there, its Lisa-Jane here today with some layouts I have made using the wonderful Scoot collection kit from Echo Park.
 
I fell in love with this collection as soon as I saw that Sarah was stocking it in the shop and once I had it in my hands it was even better in real life than it had looked on-line.  I recently went away on a scrapbooking weekend retreat so I had a great chance to play around with the fabulous and colourful papers, stickers and cut apart sheets in the collection. The collection is designed with little boys in mind but I hope you can see from my layouts that I made that its actually more versatile than you might first think as many of the "b" sides are more generic and non-themed.

This first one was fairly quick and easy using both sides of 1 sheet of paper (the fire engines and the ruled lines). I cut the paper about a third in from the edge and then stuck both pieces to a piece of cardstock. Use a sheet of card that you don't like or is damaged!  It gives the layout some stability and makes sure everything stays true to 12x12!!

I was really lucky to catch my baby boy doing his first roll over at 4 months old. I had the camera out to take a picture of him in his little fireman's uniform when he just happened to roll over! I couldn't resist using the lovely fire engines paper!!



I used some pop dots to give height to some of the stickers and added a couple of buttons, a paper clip and some ribbon.



 
How about something on black for some contrast to those bright colours? 
 
This layout was made when I had completed most of the others so  I decided to use up some of the scrap paper panels to make a messy layered stack. I love how the vibrant colours really pop on the black background the same way the black does on the baby mat.


I used my Cameo to cut the title which refers to the mat being a present from an Aunt in New Zealand that we have never met. She made it all by hand and sent it over in time for his birth and left a space for us to record the birth details.



I journalled around the edge in white gel pen and added a few red cross stitches to give texture and to refer to the hand stitching in the story.



 
Even though quite a few of the papers are aimed at little people, there is a lot of variety in the pack, especially with the B sides. I used 2 of the more generic pieces for my layout featuring my little girl wearing aqua and orange which matched the orange paper nicely.



I die cut my title and the heart background from a template by Daniela Dobson and used the hearts as a mask on the kraft background with Mr Huey's white mist. I used a few bits and bobs from my stash and then outlined the title and the hearts with a white gel pen. I love the subtle effect of kraft on kraft and kraft on orange.




 
I'll be back soon to show you a few more Scoot projects!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Lisa-Jane x
 
Visit Lisa-Jane's blog: Come inside My Crazy Head!
 
 

2 comments :

Lou said...

such a versatile collection from the layouts created.

Love the black background - thanks for the reminder of how good it looks x

Jennifer Grace said...

These look amazing! I am so impressed that you got his first roll-over on camera! I especially love the last layout as it was a surprise, I wouldn't have thought your could get something this girly from this collection! Love the heart die-cut. x