Sunday 26 February 2012

My Minds Eye Dolled Up Collection

As soon as the My Minds Eye stock delivery landed here at S J Crafts, I sent a selection of the Miss Caroline papers and some matching embellishments to DT member Jennifer to have a play. Today I'd like to share with you her lovely layout.



Over to Jennifer to explain how her "Cuddles with Granny" layout came together....

"I was so excited to open up the parcel of MME Dolled Up supplies. The papers are so pretty, and I love the collection's contrast of lots of woodgrain, with delicate details like doilies and flowers. I chose to use the living everyday paper because it really showed off this contrast, and I liked the little space for journaling that it featured.

I decided to show off the corner pattern even more by cutting it out and using foam tape to give it extra dimension. To secure it onto the layout I took a corner of kraft card stock and attached it to the back of the main piece, then stuck the 3D tape onto that.




Before I stuck the corner detail back on I added some Kraft Funday twine to the bottom of the layout, by speading out a line of Mod-Podge and using an old paintbrush to help me shape the twine, one colour at a time, whilst sticking it down. I also used some of the lovely Dolled Up cute brads as flower centres on the corner detail, they really make the flowers look 'finished'. 
My photo is matted onto the 'b' side of the living blooms paper, and the vertical strip behind the photo is the Living Blooms 'a' side. The woodgrain butterflies from the clear stamp set are also stamped onto the same paper and cut out. I love the idea of woodgrain + butterflies - so simple and yet so original! 
I stamped the flower border from the same stamp set down the left edge of my photo and added another of the cute brads with the little banner attached, to the bottom right of my photo. 
Finally, I used white Glitz teeny alpha stickers and Glitter Alphas, to create my title. I'm loving tiny alphas like these Glitz ones at the moment - they make it so easy to make a longer title, or add a sub-title, to my page."


Shop for Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" collection here!!

Don't forget to enter our challenge - one random entry will win a Miss Caroline Paper pad!!

3 comments :

Lisa-Jane said...

Great layout Jennifer and what a great way to use twine!

Lou said...

I do like the woodgrain paper...lush! fantastic layout jennifer.

Redanne said...

Your layout is really lovely, and just adore that woodgrain paper! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award as your site is so interesting. For details please have a look at my blog -http://blogspot.com